Kelly Thomas Verdict: Support Your Local Police Uber Alles

William Norman Grigg
Lew Rockwell Blog

Kelly Thomas died as a result of being beaten, tasered, and suffocated by a thugswarm of police on the July 5, 2011. A jury in Orange County, California — an authoritarian conservative community in which the “Support Your Local Police” movement took root and flourished in the mid-1960s — has acquitted the two ringleaders of that police gang, Manuel Ramos and Ken Cincinelli, of all charges arising from that atrocity.

Manuel Ramos, who harassed, taunted, and terrorized Thomas for nearly a half-hour before the beating began, was charged with second degree murder and involuntary manslaughter, and faced up to 15 years in prison. Cincinelli, charged with criminal assault, confronted a four-year prison term. Both were fired from the Fullerton Police Department following a public outcry.

manuel_ramos_drinking

“You see these fists?” Ramos grunted at Kelly, a mentally ill homeless man who was sitting peacefully on the curb. “They’re about to f**k you up.” Such language comes easily to Ramos, who in both his private and professional lives is an enthusiast of gang culture. Thomas had done nothing to warrant attention on the part of the police, let alone a violent arrest. He was beaten with fists, batons, and the butt end of a taser; at various times during the assault, all six police officers — nearly three-quarters of a ton of privileged, tax-fattened, costumed suet — piled on top of the 160-pound man, crushing his chest and causing terminal asphyxia. Thomas died crying out for this father, retired Sheriff’s Deputy Ron Thomas.

The Department had initially claimed that neither Ramos nor Cincinelli, nor the six other officers who joined in the orgy of officially sanctioned violence, had violated department policy. During the trial, Corporal Stephen Rubio, a training officer at the at the Fullerton PD, insisted that the actions of the officers — including the sadistic threat by Ramos — were compatible with department policy. Defense “expert” witness Stephen Karch, a paid shill who flogs spurious medical theories on behalf of abusive cops, testified that the police beating didn’t kill Thomas, but rather than the mentally troubled man simply chose that time to die from an undiagnosed heart condition.

John Barnett, the police union attorney who represented the killer cops, insisted that the beating was an appropriate response to Thomas’s pathetic, doomed struggle to save his life. In his closing argument, Orange County DA Tony Rakauckus emphasized that Thomas had the right to resist an unlawful arrest, and to defend himself against the criminal violence initiated by Ramos and Cincincelli.

The jury validated the argument that the act of resisting such criminal violence is a capital offense worthy of summary execution. Apart from the transparent sophistries offered by Dr. Karch, and the inventive restructuring of the crime by Barnett — who invited the jury to pretend that the unarmed, terrified Thomas posed a threat to a half-dozen armed police officers — the defense had no case. The only way a guilty verdict could be avoided was if the jury, which was drawn from a population deeply tainted (yes, that is the proper word) with Law & Order conservatism, would accept the premise that police have an unqualified license to kill anybody upon whom they focus their malign attention.

Rather than upholding the law, the jury supported “law enforcement” — thereby fulfilling what the Support Your Local Police Committee describes as a moral obligation of citizens:

“The local police are not your enemy. Your committee is not here to attack them, blame them for violating the Constitution or your civil liberties…. We urge all responsible citizens in this community to…[s]upport our local police in the performance of their duties [and] oppose all harassment or interference with law enforcement personnel as they carry out their assigned tasks…. [We must accept] our responsibilities to our local police, to defend them against unjust attacks, make them proud and secure in their vital profession, and to offer them our support in word and deed wherever possible.”

Related article:

Kelly Thomas Verdict: Cops Now Have License to Murder

"There is no Left or Right. There is only Tyranny and Freedom."

Tagged with: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Posted in america, current events, freedom, health, liberty, news, police state, random, survival, truth, tyranny, uncategorized
10 comments on “Kelly Thomas Verdict: Support Your Local Police Uber Alles
  1. Cj aka Elderofzyklons Blog says:

Reblogged this on ElderofZyklon's Blog!.

2. vikingbitch says:

Reblogged this on vikingbitch's Blog and commented:
    Scary stuff here. The USA has descended way past police state, it is now what I call a Thug State. I recall this story from months back and seeing pictures of the cops involved. These men looked more like criminals that actual law enforcement.

That is the problem with the USA today: the law abiding, tax paying, working, productive people are being hounded and harassed by so named law enforcement and by the government while those who break the law and who are not productive run free to rape, maim, steal, and loot individual citizens and the public trough.
    The Thug State is enforced by its henchmen who are the footsoldiers for our ruling ‘elite’ and Congressmen who are sociopaths. Often the police are in cahoots with the ghetto turds and the line between criminals and policemen is razor thin.
    Having lived in DC, I can tell you from my experience that cops today are anti White. One time I was a public park in broad daylight getting harassed by a group of black teens, so I called the police fearing for my family’s safety. Just minutes prior to my call, this group of black teens lit trash cans on fire. When the police arrived a black male teen was yelling at me and my kids while I was sitting on a park bench. The cops came and took the teen aside and lectured him and then lectured me about ‘we all need to get along at the park or else we have to close it’. Really? I wasn’t the one burning trash cans and trying to steal cell phones from toddlers.
    During this same time period I was living in an apartment building that unbeknownst to me was inhabited by some vermin on Section 8. The lady below me was a ghetto turd female who would play her music so loud that the dishes in my cupboards would shake. She would yell obscenities through my floors. If my kids made any noise, she would call the police; however, when I called the police, nothing was done. The so called law enforcement would see me out in the neighborhood and recognize me. I had one fat Latrino cop stalk me at the Subway sandwich shop. I ate dinner at the place for a few days in a row and I would notice that this guy was always there. One day he approached me and said I was no longer welcome at the shop and said that my daughter was out of control, which was a lie. I told this cop to his face that he basically admitted to stalking me and them I called the police right then and there. I called my bank and all my purchases ever made at that Subway removed as I heard through the grapevine that often the DC cops would eat there on the house. Meanwhile, I pay for my food, mind my own business, and then I am harassed! Getting back to my apartment, I got so fed up with the cops coming by – actually two turd cops came by one night and threatened to take my son in for playing an Angry Birds on the couch at 10 pm! – that I tacked a handwritten sign on my apartment door with angry bird stickers stating something to the effect that I would no longer be answering my apartment to the DC Metro Police unless they had a warrant as there was no illegal activity going on in my apartment. My landlord let me break the lease and I got my deposit back and I got hell out of DC!
    Other experiences with DC cops: getting stopped because my five year old had a sunburn, being handcuffed and slammed up against a car when I told the police I was seven weeks pregnant, and being stopped while walking on my way to work for no reason.

The Thug State is complicit with the sociopathic elite and the ghetto gringe criminals in its abuse, crushing,and intimidation of the the white middle class and white working class. That is the whole purpose behind its existence.

• Hi vikingbitch,
      After reading your comment, I’m convinced that you may be my long lost sister! Could we have been separated at birth? :mrgreen:

DC sounds like a real pit! I have a pro-gun friend who lives in DC…he has some stories about the cops there as well. Glad you got out of that hole!

MR

3. Paladin Justice says:

Support your local cop–judge, jury, and executioner. Three for the price of one! Think of all the money saved for the taxpayers. Need I add that this country is now a police state, sanctioned by juries like the one in this story.

• It’s obvious that the courts are no longer impartial. They often take the side of law enforcement, even when the cops are in the wrong. But, this is normal when you live in a police state.

4. Richard M Nixon (Deceased) says:

Reblogged this on Dead Citizen's Rights Society.

5. boudicabpi says:

Reblogged this on BPI reblog and commented:
    Kelly Thomas Verdict: Support Your Local Police Uber Alles

Comments are closed.

Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.

Michael Ellner

If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
 POLICE STATE USA
I'm Gonna Kick Your Ass!
A functioning Police State needs no police.

William S. Burroughs

Enter your email address to follow Mountain★Republic
and be notified of new posts
by email.

Member of The Internet Defense League

If you want to offend somebody, just tell him the truth.

Friedrich Nietzsche