Second Amendment, ‘conspiracy theorists’ to be blamed for incident
by Paul Joseph Watson
Within hours of the tragic shooting in Aurora, Colorado at a screening of the new Batman movie, the political machine is already gearing up to exploit the incident as a tool to demonize the second amendment and characterize Americans who are against big government as extremists.Vodpod videos no longer available.
A 6ft tall man dressed in black body armor and wearing a gas mask burst through an emergency exit door at the theater during a midnight screening of ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ Batman movie, before making his way up the stairs and shooting people at random, according to reports.
The man also apparently set off a smoke or tear gas bomb, killing at least 14 people and injuring dozens more.
The gunman was arrested and early reports suggested an accomplice was still on the run, but police now say there was only one shooter.
“A 24-year-old suspect in is custody and an apartment building in north Aurora connected to the suspect was being evacuated and searched for possible explosives, “ reports the Denver Post.
A possible motive for the shooting – bizarre as it sounds – is that, “the gunman carried out the shooting because the new Batman movie was sold out,” according to local reports.
Observers following news reports about the incident have already noticed that the tragedy is being exploited to demonize Americans suspicious of federal authority – noting that the villain in ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ is an anti-establishment character.
“They’re claiming that since the villain in the movie was “rising up” against authorities that’s what this guy may have been doing,” writes Brandon Nolley.
Others fear that the shooter will be labeled a “conspiracy theorist” and used to portray so-called “truthers” as violent extremists.
“I have a feeling he’s going to be a “extremist” with “Conspiracy theorist” views, may be he even saw Alex’s review of the movie,” writes Evan Munn. “They are going to parade out the children’s bodies like OKC.”
Others note that the mass shooting coincides with a UN arms treaty that threatens to grease the skids for a total gun ban in the United States. It’s inevitable that the event will be used to demonize the second amendment.
“The UN treaty will save us,” comments Michael Rozycki.
Every time there is a mass shooting in the United States, the establishment uses it to demonize its political adversaries.
The most recent example was the Jared Lee Loughner case. After Loughner shot Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, the media instantly launched a smear campaign insinuating that Loughner’s political beliefs were shared by conservatives and libertarians. In reality, Loughner turned out to be a pot smoking left-winger who had dabbled in the occult.
- Leaked: The Dark Knight Rises
- Warner Bros. Censors Review Critical of Dark Knight Rises Just Before Release
- Political Hacks Waste No Time In Shamelessly Exploiting Giffords Shooting To Demonize Political Oppositon
- Dark Knight movie reflects real martial law in Chicago
- NYT Tries to Blame Political Film for White House Shooting
- Washington Post Concedes: Gunman Acted On Mental Illness, Not Political Rhetoric
- SPLC blames Ayn Rand, David Icke and Others for Arizona Shooting
- Debate on gun control heats up after Giffords shooting
- Gun Grabbing Congress Critters Come Out of Woodwork After Giffords Shooting
- Loughner due to enter Tucson shooting pleas
- Political Hacks Still Seek To Exploit Shootings Before Bodies Are Buried
- Loose Change. Next Scapegoat in Arizona Shooting?