Russia and the US are holding their first ever joint anti-terror military exercises on American territory. A group of Russian paratroopers has taken off to Fort Carson military base, located in the US state of Colorado.
A special unit of American land forces and a reconnaissance unit of Russian special forces will be taking part in the exercises.
Russian paratroopers will first familiarize themselves with American small arms, military equipage, munitions, communication and reconnaissance equipment, parachute systems and types of landing operations.
In addition, Russian and American servicemen will have joint gun practice, mountain training and will take a course in demolition techniques. They will also have parachute training using American military equipment.
At the end of May the exercises will enter the “active” stage with combat training, in the course of which participants are supposed to find, seize and destroy a large base of international “terrorists”.
- Russia touts itself as ‘anti-American’ world power
- UK riots: paratroopers are trained in riot control
- Patriot Games: Poland playing on Russia’s nerves over missiles
- DoD Confirms Russian Troops To Train On U.S. Soil
- Russia sends special forces, counterterrorism units to Syria
- Sy Hersh: U.S. Funded and Trained (on U.S. soil) Iranian Group on State Dept. Terror List
- Iran and Israel plan new war games
- U.S. and Israel to embark on largest joint exercise in allies’ history
- Russian troops mass in war games near Georgia
- Video: Former General Says Russia Will Not Allow Israel-U.S. Attack On Iran and Syria
- The Indefinite Detention Bill DOES Apply to American Citizens on U.S. Soil
- USNORTHCOM Gears Up For Potential Attack On U.S. Soil