Active duty soldiers would be ensnared by new tax law
by Paul Joseph Watson
The U.S. Army could be 30,000 troops lighter if a new law allowing the IRS to suspend travel rights of Americans it claims are tax delinquent passes Congress – the Internal Revenue Service says active duty soldiers owe a total of around $390 million in back taxes.
“About 30,000 active-duty troops and a similar number of reserve-component members owe the Internal Revenue Service a collective $390 million in back taxes, according to IRS data,” reports WTLX.
A new law buried within a transport bill that has already passed the Senate and is expected to pass the House shortly would empower the IRS to revoke passports of Americans accused of tax delinquency.
“There is no requirement that the tax payer be guilty of or even charged with tax evasion, fraud, or any criminal offense — only that the citizen is alleged to owe the IRS back taxes of $50,000 or more,” reports the Daily Economist.
As we have highlighted, although the bill is completely illegal in that it violates Article I, Section 9, paragraph 3 of the United States Constitution, experts say the Republican controlled House is like to pass the provision because it will raise an estimated $750 million dollars in extra taxes.
Federal employees would also be ensnared by the new measures. IRS figures show that in 2010, “98,000 federal employees owed a combined $1 billion in back taxes.”
Furthermore, members and employees of the U.S. Senate owe over $2 million dollars in unpaid taxes.
- Bill Allows IRS to Deny Americans Right to Travel
- Americans who swap passports
- 100,000 civilian federal employees owe the IRS $962 million in back taxes
- Politicos Admit Not Filing, Paying Taxes
- Obama inauguration security force larger than number of troops in Afghanistan
- Government Employees Owe Billions in Delinquent Taxes
- Troops Face Prison If They Get Pregnant
- Active Duty Troops to March on White House
- TSA Too Busy Searching Diapers Over Checking Passports, Flight Passes
- Active Duty Troops In Iraq Are Wearing Oath Keeper Tabs
- 41 Obama White House aides owe the IRS $831,000 in back taxes
- Congress’ Secret Plan to Pass Obamacare
- US military mobilizes troops for inauguration