by Steve Watson
Terrorists supposedly attacked the World Trade Center towers on 9/11 because they hated the freedoms of Americans. Now their ilk will be satisfied to learn that anyone in the vicinity of the new World Trade Center will have absolutely no freedoms whatsoever.
According to plans seen by The New York Post, The Port Authority is to deploy military grade security, unrivalled by anything currently used in any city in the world.
The agency is set to roll out chilling technology akin to that described in The Minority Report that will subject Americans to pre-crime interrogations and physiological scans to detect malintent.
The PA plans to install and operate science-fiction-like devices such as infrared and heat sensors that can be outfitted with explosive and radiation detectors.
In what it claims are efforts to protect the new somewhat ironically named “Freedom Tower”, the PA plans also call for sophisticated surveillance cameras that have built in facial and retina scanners. The cameras will be able to scan everyone in the vicinity and run their biometric features against government criminal databases and terrorist watch lists.
The report also states that the PA is considering behavioral monitoring technology that will track everyone’s movements on the ground and flag up any “unusual movements”.
Security personnel and police would be automatically alerted if “artificial intelligence” cameras spotted someone walking erratically, against the flow of pedestrians, deviating from sidewalks or putting a bag down where people do not normally put bags down.
The operation is to be implemented and overseen by Defense Department contractor Behavioral Recognition Systems, which has been developing the technology for some years.
Costing tens of millions of dollars, the entire system would be hooked up to the already existing NYPD Lower Manhattan Security Initiative.
“What we’re doing down there has never been done before,” an agency official told The Post.
The Department of Homeland Security and the TSA have extensively experimented with some of the technology involved, including behavioral detection devices, retina scanning equipment and mobile radiation-scanning checkpoints
However, the new World Trade Center site, set for completion in 2013, will be the first location that the technology has been permanently implemented.
- World Trade Center Becoming a Police State?
- Remains of 72 people found at World Trade Center site
- Freedom Tower Name Changed to “One World Trade Center”
- Freedom Tower Will Be Called One World Trade Center
- Judge Tosses FOIA Demand on Trade Center
- NIST to Release Report and Recommendations from Investigation of World Trade Center Building 7
- NYPD World Trade Center 9/11 Aerial Photos
- Arguments Regarding the Collapse of World Trade Center Evaporate Upon Inspection
- People Could Have Planted Bombs In the World Trade Center
- Texas Architects & Engineers call for a Real Investigation of the Destruction of the World Trade Center on 9/11
- New World Trade Center Tower To Be Made With Glass From China And Steel From Germany
- Active Thermitic Material Discovered in Dust from the 9/11 World Trade Center