by Kurt Nimmo
On July 5, the Department of Homeland Security announced on the FedBizOpps.gov website that it plans to buy thirty-six Colt LE901 rifle systems. The latest DHS purchase follows a solicitation issued on July 13 for the purchase of .223 Caliber Remington Enhanced Performance Ammunition in excess of $500,000. The Colt assault weapons are designed to accept the .223 ammunition.
“The 901 is much more than your typical assault rifle,” notes the Prepper Podcast Radio Network website. The weapon will allow “the DHS/FEMA foot soldier to go from an assault rifle to picking off ‘terrorists’ at a distance by only changing the upper receiver.”
In June, FedBizOpps.gov listed a “Personal Defense Weapons Solicitation” issued by DHS calling for 5.56x45mm NATO select-fire firearms “suitable for personal defense.” The due date for the solicitation is mid-October of 2012
In April, we reported on the DHS awarding contracts to a munitions company for 450 million rounds of .40 caliber hollow point ammunition. Prior to this, the feds awarded Winchester a five year contract for 200 million rounds .40 caliber ammunition.
“I could understand if the U.S. military was ordering ammunition in this quantity. When you fight wars you can go through ammunition very rapidly,” the American Dream blog commented following the extraordinary purchase. “But the Department of Homeland Security is only supposed to be shooting at people very rarely.”
Also in April, Paul Joseph Watson reported on the DHS purchasing bullet resistant guard booths. “The purpose behind the bullet proof booths is unknown, but the DHS has publicly announced that it plans to increase the number of unannounced checkpoints manned by TSA VIPR teams and other federal agents beyond the 9300 that were set up last year alone,” Watson wrote at the time.
It looks like DHS and the feds are gearing up for something big. A growing chorus of urgent voices are warning that the economy will finally implode this year and the result with be social chaos.
In February, trends forecaster Gerald Celente told Alex Jones 2012 will witness bank runs, riots and other social dislocation as the economy collapses later this year. Celente has issued spot-on economic forecasts since 1980.
- Big Sis needs more ammunition – this time for training
- New Jersey bill aims to ban all handgun, some rifle ammo
- Explosive Gun Battle: Brothers In Arms
- After Huge Ammo Buy, DHS Purchases Bullet Resistant Booths
- U.S. Arms Cache Found in Kyrgyzstan
- Gun Advocates Ready for Battle on Federal Assault Weapons Ban
- Why Does The Department Of Homeland Security Need 450 MILLION Hollow Point Bullets?
- Airport bans toy soldier’s three-inch rifle from plane… because it’s a safety threat
- Greenwashing?: Maryland Adds Environmental Literacy in High Schools
- Acquitted Hutaree member gets back his 41 guns, 100,000 rounds of ammunition from feds
- Feds Want Gun Sellers to Report Rifle Sales
- Russian arms shipment en route to Syria: report